We teach people to save lives in a fun and interactive environment
First Training is pleased to advise that we are up and running, as per the guidelines and safety measures, put together by The Skills Organisation, in partnership with the New Zealand Resuscitation Council and with input from the Association of Emergency Care Training Providers.
In Alert Level 2:
Given the physical nature of First Aid Training, the following activities are allowed but must be strictly managed to ensure the requirements of 1-metre physical distancing and the ability to contact trace if required:
- Strict hygiene should be maintained by all instructors and learners and for all training equipment.
- Classes and workshops may continue ensuring 1-metre physical distancing requirements are met.
- Workplace-based learning and scenarios that are on-site or face-to-face may proceed. Any on-site workplace-based learning must be managed within the COVID-19 related restrictions being applied to that workplace.
- Entry to refresher training can use a 5 month grace period until the end of July 2020 (period may yet change).
- Where learners are attending for a deferred assessment, sufficient practice and refresher time needs to be provided.
- Vulnerable people (or those caring for/living with vulnerable people) should not participate in any on-site work or learning.
For more information from the NZ Resuscitation Council on the extra precautions we will be taking for CPR training please clink here or read our blog post.
- Hands-on courses using scenario-based interactive learning; promoting team building, where everyone gets involved.
- Highly experienced and qualified facilitators at the forefront of the industry
- High degree of flexibility in terms of locations and timings, so we can suit your specific availability.
- Health and Safety & MOE Compliant Courses with NZQA units available if required
Learning first aid is beneficial for everyone, regardless of age or occupation and developing the skills through a first aid certified course can be fun too, with the team at First Training.
Category One Provider - NZQA EER report December 2018
First Aid is essential for any industry or workplace and our Workplace First Aid courses have fun, hands-on scenarios to equip you with the skills and confidence to manage emergency situations anywhere; from the office to the factory, or at home.
Outdoor First Aid equips you to care of a patient for long periods before help arrives. It also means that access to specialised equipment may be unavailable and that improvisation is needed because of your remote location.
Looking for a public course to attend? Our courses will leave you more confident in administering First Aid. We have public First Aid courses in Auckland, Northland and Canterbury.
This course is advanced training for people holding a current first aid certificate who wish to advance their knowledge and skills to a PHEC qualification for their work, e.g. outdoor instructors, surf lifesavers, ski patrollers and LandSAR members.
We cater for all teaching and support staff, as well as High school students needing First Aid training, to gain valuable NZQA credits for their studies. Course can be tailored to suit your school, so ask us how we can accommodate your needs.
First Aid certification is a must for your designated first-aiders and staff and all our courses cover the requirements for H&S workplace compliance. Please contact First Training directly on 0800-1st Aid, for group bookings.
Our Trades First Aid course is essential for all tradesmen and construction workers. This is a practical, hands on, one day course that is suitable for any trade; plumbers, electricians, plasterers etc.
Our First Aid for Not-for-Profit Organisations courses, are Workplace First Aid courses that meet NZQA and Health and Safety requirements at special pricing.
First Training has First Aid courses designed specifically for the Early Childcare industry; to meet your centres requirements and compliant with MOE guidelines.