WE TEACH PEOPLE TO SAVE LIVES IN A FUN AND INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT
Learning first aid is beneficial for everyone, regardless of age or occupation and developing the
skills through a first aid certified course can be fun too, with the team at First Training.
Our facilitators make first aid a hands on, fun, practical course that engages students so they can gain valuable NZQA credits for their studies. Courses are led by highly qualified and skilled instructors, who know how to keep people interested and make learning enjoyable:
- Locations and timings are flexible to suit the students school schedule
- Delivered by highly qualified and experienced facilitators.
- Fully Health and Safety compliant and NZQA Unit standards can be registered on request.
Year 11-12-13 Gateway or Star students NZQA credits:
- 2 Day Workplace First Aid Course - 12 hours teaching & assessment – covering unit standards 6400,6401 & 6402
- 1 Day Workplace First Aid Course - 8 hours teaching & assessment – covering Unit Standards 6401 & 6402 only
- 2 Day Outdoor First Aid Course - 16 hours teaching & assessment – covering unit standards 6400,6401,6402 & 424
Year 7 and 8 students
Have a Go Day – to educate and instruct in basic CPR and First Aid. We make this a fun scenario based course.
This can be tailored to suit your school, please call us to discuss on 0800-1st Aid or 09 838-2110
First Training runs very unique and cost-effective courses that not only meet with MOE guidelines, but are also great fun for the participants. You will have a practical and fun course; working in small teams, participants get to practice their skills in the school setting with interactive scenarios:
- Held at your school premises, or at a suitable venue.
- Covers all topics teachers need in a school environment, including essential CPR.
- Instructors are able to cover and discuss medical conditions specific to your school.
- You will learn how to use an AED and we will check your on-site defibrillator, if you have one.
- Great team-building exercise; suitable for all staff.
- Hands on learning that is fun and interactive.
- 4-hour FASE "First Aid for the school Environment" - a cost-effective course, designed to give teachers/office staff, confidence to cope with medical emergencies and accidents at school, or on suburban trips and camps. These courses are practical, hands-on and provide a great team-building opportunity.
- One Day Workplace First Aid –A must for your designated first-aiders/office staff. This course covers the requirements required by H+S for workplace compliance.
- Two Day Workplace First Aid - for designated staff and NCEA students.
- Two Day Outdoor First Aid - suitable for PE, or teachers and staff who are taking students on EOTC activities/camps in the outdoors.
- One Day Outdoor First Aid refresher - refreshes skills learned on the previous outdoor first aid course.
Five reasons to select us:
1. Hands on courses using scenario-based learning and interaction: promoting team building, where everyone gets involved.
2. Highly experienced facilitators at the forefront of the industry; able to deliver interesting and engaging content
3. H+S compliant courses with NZQA credits available if required.
4. High degree of flexibility in terms of locations and timings, so we can suit your specific availability.
5. Unlike other First Aid Courses, our courses are not dull; they are fun and interactive, which makes the time fly.
Your course will leave you more confident in administering First Aid.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss our training options with you.
Please contact us if you would like to make a booking at
www.first-training.co.nz/contact or call us on 0800-1st Aid
Next Course: 16th Apr, Auckland
Hands-on courses using scenario-based interactive learning. Highly qualified and experienced facilitators. High degree of flexibility in terms of locations and timings. Fully Health and Safety Compliant Courses.Book Now
Next Course: 12th May, Auckland
Outdoor First Aid people working or playing in remote areas where caring for a patient may be required for long periods before help arrives. It also means that access to specialised equipment may be unavailable and that improvisation is needed.Book Now