WE TEACH PEOPLE TO SAVE LIVES IN A FUN AND INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT
Learning first aid is beneficial for everyone, regardless of age or occupation and developing the
skills through a first aid certified course can be fun too, with the team at First Training.
Outdoor First Aid differs from urban-based first aid in that it may necessitate care of a patient for long periods before help arrives. It also means that access to specialised equipment may be unavailable and that improvisation is needed. Handling an outdoor first aid situation may also require a good understanding and practical application of accident management.
2 Day Outdoor First Aid;
- Is a practical, hands-on, scenario-based course.
- It equips participants with the skills and confidence to manage an emergency where medical help and assistance may be several hours away.
- This course satisfies standard Health and Safety Workplace requirements as well as outdoor leadership requirements NZIOA.
- NZQA units 6400,6401,6402 + 424 are available if required.
- Your Outdoor First Aid Course will focus not only on first aid procedures but also on fieldwork safety plans, leadership and group control..
- Ideal for people working and playing in the outdoors..
One day Revalidation;
- Refreshes participants skills and confidence to manage an emergency, where medical help may be several hours away.
- Satisfies standard Health and Safety Workplace requirements as well as outdoor leader requirements..
- Held at a suitable outdoor location.
- You must hold a current OFA certification.
The course will consist of a mixture of instruction, facilitated discussion and outdoor scenarios.
Scenario-based learning involves working with other people, both patients and team members and then debriefing what happened.
Our learning and teaching is interactive, so expect to get involved, whether it be in group discussions, practicing on each other/or dummies, or in mock scenarios.
Scenarios are designed to maximise learning - not to show you what you don't know. Practical assessments will occur over both days of the course.
Five reasons to select us:
1. Hands on courses using scenario-based learning and interaction; promoting team building, where everyone gets involved.
2. Highly experienced, knowledgeable and qualified facilitators at the forefront of the industry; able to deliver interesting and engaging content.
3. H+S compliant courses with NZQA credits 6400, 6401, 6402 and 424 available if required at an extra cost.
4. High degree of flexibility in terms of locations and timings, so we can suit your specific availability.
5. Unlike other First Aid courses; our courses are not dull, they are fun and interactive, which makes the time fly.
“Thank you very much, so much better than sitting in a room and putting pen to paper. Getting out in the field, doing hands on scenarios and talking through the what ifs' and better ways of managing situations”
Your course will leave you more confident in administering First Aid.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss our training options with you.
Please contact us if you would like to make a booking at
www.first-training.co.nz/contact or call us on 0800-1st Aid
Next Course: 15th Apr, Auckland
Outdoor First Aid people working in remote areas where caring for a patient may be required for long periods before help arrives. It also means that access to specialised equipment may be unavailable and that improvisation is needed.Book Now
Next Course: 12th May, Auckland
Outdoor First Aid people working or playing in remote areas where caring for a patient may be required for long periods before help arrives. It also means that access to specialised equipment may be unavailable and that improvisation is needed.Book Now